Well it has officially been a year. Doug and I have survived our first year of parenthood and we must have done something right because Edison is thriving! He is such a happy boy and we couldn't have asked for anything more. He is currently talking up a storm. He says mama, dada, papa, dog, doggy, Bo, ouch, uh-oh, hi, bye, puppy and wow. He attempts to say Wow Wow Wubzy. It was a show on one day and he started to mimic it. Now he says it if it comes on. It is so funny. He is also getting better at walking around which has been a little rough with all the moving and stuff all over the place from unpacking!
Edison just celebrated his first birthday at his Grammy and Papa's house. What awesome grandparents to let us use their home to host over 50 people! Edison must be one popular little boy. His birthday was a pirate birthday and themed to the max! We had a great time watching him swim, make a mess of the cake, and open gifts! I attached some pictures of Edison and his party.
So if planning a first birthday for that many people wasn't enough, we ended up moving the day after. With the help of family and friends we were able to get everything moved over and we started unpacking. We feel so blessed to have such great family and friends!
You think moving over here would be the end of Doug's projects. I couldn't have been more wrong! Poor guy has yet to have a break from house projects. Pretty soon all he will have to worry about is the front and back yard. I know he won't mind that!! Once we get unpacked and our cabinets that were ordered arrive I will be sure to take more pictures and post them.
I hope everyone is doing well and thank you to all that were able to make it to Edison's birthday. You helped make it a very
special occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment