Well it has been quite some time since our last post and much has happened in the Campbell household. First, we celebrated Halloween and this year Edison was more animated than ever. It was the first year he really took to "trick-or-treating". He had a great time going to do the door and getting candy. He was very impressed that all he had to do was knock on a door to get something. :) Edison was Woody from Toy Story this year.
The newest member of the Campbell family continues to grow like a weed and I am feeling every growth spurt. :) As most of you know, this child has managed to crack or break the cartilage that attaches my pelvic bones together. It has been pretty uncomfortable to say the least. This little one has been quite different than my first pregnancy. I was very sick with Edison and turned vegetarian early in my pregnancy. With this baby I am finding food to be magical. I am curious to see if this baby is a boy or girl due to my different symptoms. I still believe that I will be having a boy where as Doug is pretty sure we will be having a girl. Our scheduled c-section is set for Friday, February 24th. We can't wait to meet this little one! I included our last ultrasound pictures. Let me know what you think we are having! I love to see what people think.
As most of you know we got some pretty bad news over the holidays. My dad got very sick and went in for what we thought was going to be an appendectomy. Unfortunately, that was not case. When he was opened up they found his stomach was full of tumors. They turned out to be cancerous. My dad is now undergoing chemo therapy which has been very rough on him. With prayers and the support of friends and family we have all been strong and hoping for the best. If you would like to follow my dad's fight you can log on to his blog at joekahler.blogspot.com.
So needless to say our holidays this year were a little different but very very special. We had a wonderful Christmas. We spent the night laughing, watching Edison be a goof, and truly enjoying our time together.
This year Edison got really into the Christmas season. He loved (and still loves) anything that has to do with Santa and continues to make me sing Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman to him. We even had an "Elf on the Shelf" join us for the holidays from the North Pole. Edison named him Happy and Edison even gave his binkys to him to bring to Santa. We have been binky free since! (There is a picture of Happy bringing Edison a firetruck in place of the binky.)
Overall we have been very busy spending as much time as we can with family and getting prepared for the newest member of the Campbell family. We hope all is well and everyone enjoyed their holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment