Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween, Weddings, and more!

I can say our lives have continued to be busy. Recently, I was given the flu shot and had a reaction at work. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. The next day I made it back to work but continued to have horrible chest pain. My principal was wonderful enough to rush me to the hospital. It was so hard for me to breathe that I believe I passed out as they wheeled me into the room. I ended up having pneumonia.

That same weekend my sister and friend Kristy took "shifts" to take care of Edison so I could recover. After my sister left and Kristy came to help Edison started vomiting, high fever, and a rash. We rushed him to urgent care and they sent us to the hospital. He was so lethargic that he didn't even notice getting his blood drawn. They were finally able to get him to stop vomiting and his fever went down. My sisters were also instrumental in Edison feeling better. He perked right up when they came to the hospital. He is now back to his old self.

Before I came down with pneumonia my team and I did the Walk for the Cure in Phoenix for a close friend and co-worker that was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. We had a "slumber party" at my moms the night before and left early the next morning for the walk. We decided to take the light rail. What an adventure!! I have never been so lost. We ended up having a wonderful time and even met Mark Curtis and Lin Sue Cooney!





This year we got to go trick-or-treating with Edison. It was so cute watching him walk up to the door with his candy bag with his friends Trentyn and Talan. He also had a great time at our schools fall festival. I included some pictures of his new furry friends.






Edison continues to be the light of our lives. He really is growing up so fast. He is learning more and more each day. He is very entertaining. He has a great little personality. He gets into absolutely everything and has been talking up a storm. His Aunt Amanda's favorite is to hear him say Dora and Diego. He also started saying Auntie and Grammy. That was a pretty big day for my mom and sisters.




Two weeks ago Doug and I were in our friends Erin and David's wedding. It was BEAUTIFUL!! We had such and amazing time. It was also a lot of fun to be in a wedding with Doug. We haven't had that opportunity before. The wedding was awesome and we couldn't be happier for them.



















































In other news, Doug's brother Brian and his fiance Ashlee had their son, our first nephew, on October 29th. He is adorable. We went to see them when they came home from the hospital. Edison was a little unsure about him but he will get used to him soon. :)






Thank you for bearing with me through this long post! We hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for the holiday season.

Lots of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment